The Agency has organized workshops and events and has also participated in a large number of events held by other collaborating organizations.
Most of the events took place in the Parnitha National Park and included mainly guided tours within the protected area in order to present and highlight its special ecological characteristics, the way of its preservation and protection, as well as the projects implemented in the context of the restoration of the forest ecosystem. which was a milestone for the further management of the area.
Workshops organized by the Management Body of Parnitha National Park
- March 21, 2008: Conference on: “Friend of the Environment – Parnitha Volunteer”
- December 11, 2007: Conference on: “Restoration of the Forest Ecosystem of Parnitha after the fire”
- March 1, 2007: Conference on “Forestry and Protected Areas”
Events organized by the Management Body of Parnitha National Park
- 07 December 2019: Presentation of the Environmental Education program implemented by the Parnitha National Park Management Agency to Primary and Secondary Education teachers.
- November 30, 2019: Presentation of the Environmental Education program implemented by the Parnitha National Park Management Agency to Primary and Secondary Education teachers.
- June 25, 2019: Scientific meeting aimed at developing an action plan for the management of the populations of red deer (Cervus elaphus) and wolf (Canis lupus), as well as their coexistence.
- 19 – 20 February 2019: First Aid Seminar for the staff of the Parnitha National Park Management Agency.
- 2016: Attendance of the program “Environmental Education in the Parnitha National Park”, in the first 7 (seven) teams that participated in the Panhellenic student competition for forests and forestry “Young People in European Forests” 2016.
- 6 – 9 October 2014: DRYADES Program. Watching the red deer (Cervus elaphus) “Following in the footsteps of the deer”
- September 9, 2014: Dryades Program – Night walk • June 08, 2010: Event on: “Fire protection in the Parnitha National Park”.
- November 08, 2009: Visit of a group of the Greek Scout Corps to the Parnitha National Park.
- November 08, 2009: Unveiling of a monument. In 1978, the forester Zachakis Vassilios, an employee of the Parnitha Forest Service, was killed by a poacher. Following a proposal by his relative, forester Zachaki Nikolaou, the Board of Directors of the Management Body took a unanimous decision to build the monument. The monument was created by a forester of the Parnitha Forest Service and was placed in the courtyard of the forest outpost of Ag. Trinity of the Managing Authority.
- August 2, 2008: Red Cross Team visits the Parnitha National Park
- July 31, 2008: Visit of representatives of the Dodecanese Prefecture to the Parnitha National Park.
- June 5, 2008: Guided tour of the former Minister of Environment, Spatial Planning and Public Works, Mr. Georgios Souflias, at the Parnitha National Park.
- June 4, 2008: Inauguration of the Small Museum of Parnitha in the cable car, in Metochi. The operation of the Small Museum of Parnitha gives the opportunity to the visitors of the Park to get to know the National Park, through a series of audiovisual media and information.
- April 3, 2008: Visit of representatives of the Special Standing Committee on Environmental Protection of the Hellenic Parliament.
- October 4, 2006: Guided tour of the Parnitha National Park, focusing on the fauna of the National Park and the need for its protection.
Events – visits attended by the Management Body of Parnitha National Park
- June 17, 2020: Presentation on: “Forest fires” at the 6th Fire Station.
- 07 April 2011: Visit of the European Union Commissioner for the Environment Janes Potocnik.
- July 29, 2010: Visit of Prime Minister George Papandreou to the 6th Fire Station.
- March 22, 2010: Visit of a Representative of the Standing Committee on Environment of the Hellenic Parliament.
- March 21, 2010: Tree planting in Penteli by the Ministry of P.E.K.A ..
- October 22, 2009: Visit of the Chinese Delegation for Forest Protection.
- October 20, 2009: Visit of students of the Technological Educational Institution of Larissa of the Karditsa Branch of the Department of Forestry and Natural Environment Management.
- 16 September 2009: Delegation of officials from the Estonian Ministries of Environment and Economy.
- May 30, 2009: Cultural Association of Malakasa. Event on the readiness and efficiency of residents and organizations in view of fire risk.
- 2009: Participation in the Flower Exhibition of Kifissia.
- March 20, 2009: Conference on sustainable development and forestry as well as the prevention of forest fires – preparation.
- February 25, 2009: Department of Biology, Kapodistrian University of Athens. Meeting of the representatives of the countries participating in the European program COST (FP 0701) for forest fires, with emphasis on the restoration of burned areas.
- November 29, 2008: Ministry of Rural Development and Food Meeting of a working group set up to explore the added value of a Legal Binding Agreement for Forests in Europe.
- November 26 – 27, 2008: Seminar on: “Issues related to the proper and efficient operation of Protected Areas Management Bodies”.
- October 24, 2008: Tree planting on Poikilo Oros, 1st European Forest Week “All in action for forests”.
- 10 – 16 July 2008: Visit of students from France to the Parnitha National Park.
- May 11, 2008: Voluntary Garbage Collection Day in collaboration with the Community of Kryoneri.
- 9 – 10 May 2008: 1st Meeting of the Protected Areas Management Bodies.
- April 09, 2008: Visit of the President of the Republic.
- March 23, 2008: Tree planting in the Community of Kryoneri.
- March 16, 2008: Tree planting in the area of Penteli
- October 20, 2007: Conference on “Forests: the Parnitha National Park”.