The Management Body of Parnitha National Park was established by Laws 2742/99 (Government Gazette 207 / A / 7-10-1999) and 3044/02 (Government Gazette 197 / A / 27-08-2002) in order to preserve the natural resources and biodiversity of the protected area, with basic care of all activities related to:
- Conservation of habitats of special ecological importance
- Protection of rare and endangered species of wild flora and fauna
- Conservation of species of native flora and fauna
- Upgrading the natural environment of the wider area
- Promotion and support of scientific research and knowledge, by utilizing and applying results
- Implementation of indirect priority measures for the conservation of wildlife species and habitats
- Utilization of opportunities for environmental education and information of the inhabitants and bodies of the area
- Promotion of media and measures – public awareness etc.
- Strengthen the security of the areas through experienced staff.